Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager
American Technology Services, Inc. has an opening for an experienced Manager to lead the Network Operations Center group. This position is a critical role in supporting ATS clients, managing our data centers in a diverse 24/7/365 operational environment, and providing leadership for ATS technical operations. The ideal candidate will have solid management skills and a track record for leading small teams in a highly technical, process-driven environment. Our ideal candidate is logical and proactive, thinks through their activities and understands how their work contributes to ATS’ value to the client.
- Manage a team of 3-5 technical staff members who are part of the managed services group
- Oversee NOC operations whose responsibilities include patch management, monitoring, alerting and escalations from the internal helpdesk group
- Work with datacenter operations team whose responsibilities include managing technical infrastructures in our datacenters and public cloud environments
- Manage client projects where ATS is responsible for migrating client infrastructure to ATS private/public cloud
- Work with our technical consultants to seamlessly integrate new clients into our Managed Services offerings
- Work with internal teams to support security solutions such as SIEM, Vulnerability testing etc.,
- Identify and review potential new services that can be added to our Managed Services offerings and management toolset
- Implement processes for monitoring/ alerting, systems maintenance and change control
- Ensure that up-to-date technical documentation exists for all ATS services provided to our clients and take ownership for client reporting
- Responsible for overseeing all administrative tasks, such as employee reviews, timesheets, expenses, etc.
- 8+ years of IT experience, including at least 3-5 years of experience supervising staff
- Experience working in a managed service provider (MSP) and hosting operation environments
- Strong experience working with RMM and PSA systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to frequent change and be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must have demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to interact with and effectively present information to employees, management and customers
- Ability to coach and mentor employees
- Working knowledge of public clouds- AWS and Azure
- Working understanding of Microsoft Server and virtualization technologies
- Server OS knowledge – Windows (2008 & 2012) and Linux (RHEL)
- Desktop OS knowledge – Windows and Mac OS X
- Experience with monitoring and patch management systems, like Kaseya and PRTG
- Some knowledge of backup systems such as Datto, Axcient, Commvault etc.
- Familiarity with firewalls, switches, and networking concepts.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. Masters or MBA preferred.
About American Technology Services:
ATS has been consistently recognized as a leader, serving clients across America and winning respectable industry awards such as the Inc. 500|5000, Talking Cloud, and MSPmentor. ATS provides end-to-end IT services, bringing together technology expertise and industry-specific solutions. Since inception in 1994, ATS has been committed to helping non-profit organizations, associations and professional services companies manage and enhance their IT operations through an array of comprehensive IT services including technology consulting, web design & development, network support, and hosting & cloud services.
ATS is a dynamic full service IT solutions firm with a strong reputation for high quality services in four key areas:
- Network and infrastructure support
- Web site design and development
- Managed hosting services dynamic
- Information technology consulting
ATS offers you:
- A positive and collaborative work environment
- Small entrepreneur-type company culture
- “Big company” benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Training support and assistance programs to keep you and us up on new technologies
- Inspirational time for emerging technology research and development
- Encouragement to recommend new ideas for our clients and internal processes
What employees offer ATS:
- A positive attitude and solid work ethic
- High-quality performance
- Excellent customer service practices
- Ability to work creatively and stay abreast of the latest emerging technologies
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet client deadlines
- Motivation to continue learning
- Willingness to mentor others and be mentored
Learn more about ATS and Apply Today at:
American Technology Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a Drug-Free Work Environment.